Monday 30 July 2018

Vyrotar Gloameth



The eldest of the Gloameth brothers is the brutish Vyrotar. Even before his elevation to the ranks of the Death Guard he was a monster, wandering the wastes of the Plague Planet devouring other diseased tribesmen as he found them. Upon his ascension, Vyrotar bloated out into a towering giant of tumorous flesh that even Terminator plate could not contain. The warp, however, is malicious in its jests. Vyrotar's helm became sealed and impossible to remove. In order to fuel his cannibalistic appetites, the elder Gloameth must shred his victims into bloody slush that can float through the corroded vents in his helmet. This makes him a terrifying spectacle whether in battle or stalking the plague lands...


I end up with a lot of spare bits. This is largely because I tend to convert a lot (and buy cut price bundles wherever I can). The idea for Gloameth came to me as I was rifling through my bits looking for something else. The idea was simple. The execution was a little tougher, though ultimately not that much of a bother.

The main trunk of his body is a spare torso from the Pusgoyle Blightlords kit. The legs are from an Easy to Build Blightlord Terminator. Attaching these was a slight aggravation and required some filling. Nothing too irksome, but a little harder than expected.

The Bubotic Axe also comes from the Easy to Build kit (Tainted Cohort, for clarity). The combi-bolter is a spare I had lying about from my Blightlord Terminators. 

I wanted him to have a kind of Pyramid Head-esque vibe. I had a spare Lord of Contagion head, which seemed like a good bet. The angle would have had him looking at the ground, so I pinned it in place at a more satisfactory angle and filled accordingly. 


And there we have it! A nice, quick addition to my collection. Plus good gross-out value.



No comments: