Saturday 14 July 2018

Imperial highborn lady

One of the aspects of the 40k universe which is really loved but miserably under-represented is the peculiar ins and outs of civilian life. We've seen reams of artwork, volumes of lore and great novel explorations such as Eisenhorn and Ravenor. But these rarely if ever get into sculpted form. 


I decided this needed addressing. 



This imperial noble woman was very easy to create. The basis is the Govenor's Daughter from Black Scorpion Miniatures, who is available for a very reasonable £4.50. Now given her look, I could probably have let it at that. But I wanted to visually 40k-ise her.



The first choice was easy. I affixed a purity seal to her dress, unmistakably making her Imperial. An improvement, but something was still missing. So I pinned a servo skull to her side, presumably to function as her aide. That looked much better!


And there you have it. About five minutes in total!


No comments: