Saturday 7 July 2018

Typhus, the Herald of Nurgle

I'm in the camp who looks at the current Typhus model a bit askance. A nice piece of sculpting with a rather bewildering pose. What on earth is his free hand even doing? Anyway, I decided to follow the now traditional conversion path, with a few tweaks.



First I did the normal business of swapping the manreaper to the other hand. I admit I didn't sculpt a new thumb but rather snipped, repositioned and filled the existing one. There are plenty of tutorials better than mine who can show you an in-depth look at this.



Now, the traditional route is to have him throttling a Fire Warrior, but I decided I'd rather have a Guardsman in the rather unfortunate situation. Now, the body and legs were easy enough: the running Cadian would do the job. I reposed the bottom of his right foot so that it wasn't oddly flat.



I thought he should be grabbing wildly at Typhus. The straight arm is a pointing Cadian arm with a zombie's hand. The bent arm is the Cadian officer with the swagger stick removed. The hand was replaced with a hand from an Ungor skirmisher.



Now, I liked this idea that everything Typhus touches gets hit with some sort of mega-virus which literally rots everything. So instead of a head, I mounted a skull on his neck and then built some green stuff up to represent flesh sloughing off. This is also why you can see black tendrils slithering around the unlucky Guardsman - the touch of Typhus is all-corrosive!







No comments: