Sunday 25 March 2018

The Banegor rises

The largest, mos brutal and most cunning Pestigors inevitably rise to the top of their herds. Their power and authority is such that they regularly carry weapons forged by the Death Guard themselves. 


At the time of writing, it seems doubtful that GW have any plans to bring Pestigor back, but I rather like them. I've always had a soft spot for Beastmen. I got to thinking about the Plague Planet's feral populations, and I had the idea that the emaciated tribes are being bullied by tribes of monstrous Pestigor. The Death Guard actually treat them reasonably well, certainly more so than the human tribes, because the Pestigor are brawny brutes who make good shock troops! With this in mind, I set to work on this monstrous Banegor, a leader among the hordes.



The base is a Nurgle Chaos Lord, which they're currently selling under the name 'Lord of Plagues'. I swapped his head for an old Gor champion head. This did require sawing, pinning and poly cement. He looked a bit funny after that, so I built up a hefty throat out of green stuff. I swapped his axe for a spare Bubotic Axe from the Blightlord Terminators kit.

That's when the fun began.


He needed to look a bit more... Gor-ish. I cut a wide divot out of the front of each boot to form a cloven hoof, and then used green stuff to sculpt some fur. I can't give much avise about this - it's just a case of sticking to the task an persevering.


What am I going to use him for? Well... we'll see.


No comments: