Friday 9 March 2018

Ribbet

I've completed quite a few big projects of late, and I decided that it was time for something a bit simpler.

I don't like the Beast of Nurgle model. It's a shame, because I really wanted to. But it didn't land quite right for me, and the price was unacceptable. However, a cheaper alternative was the Forgeworld Plague Toads - especially as I tripped over three for a discounted rate on the internet!


I've always rather liked the background of the Plague Toads - incompetent Plaguebearers who have been transmogrified for their failings, and who scurry off into the mortal universe to avoid Nurgle's ire. I find the idea of these daemons who are... kind of lame, skulking about in the most rotten corners of the world, basically trying to stay out of trouble.


For a Forgeworld model, this fellow fits together nicely, with relatively good connectors. Pinning is necessary, though. Forgeworld resin is fairly poor quality, but the components are big enough that splitting is not a risk.


I'd like to quickly draw your attention to the basing method. Most of my Nurgle models have a dead yellow grass on the base, but I wanted these Plague Toads to have a more verdant, swamp-like base. This is a product called 'Dread Thicket: model forest wood scatter' and it's one of many options you call buy cheaply on Ebay from vendors such as Serious Play and War World Scenics. It's as easy as gluing static grass and tufts onto a base, and you can create lots of different effects cheaply.

Ribbet.




No comments: