Saturday 10 March 2018

Gribblers from the darkest bitbox

So, I'm working on a project which I'm calling the Spidefiler. More on this late. But I decided that it would be nice to tinker up some dudes from my bit box. I decided on a Plague Marine and a wibbly mortal bloke.



The mortal

In Codex: Death Guard there are some nice references to disease-stricken tribesmen clinging to a meagre existence on the Plague Planet. I thought that the Synod of Suffering would presumably have their own vassal tribes, and that Lord Eiterfex would use them as slaves and cannon fodder. I had this idea of a cruel, emaciated breed of men, more like horror film hillbilly inbreds than musclebound chaos marauders.


The conversion was easy. I sawed a flagellant's body in half, and a poxwalker's. Then I chopped the poxwalker's left arm off at the elbow and flipped it upside down to give him a declamatory pose. Then I glued the flagellant legs and the poxwalker body together, filling where necessary. The head was a Putrid Blightking's faceplate. Easy as that - one manky inbred pox tribesman. 


The Plague Marine


One of my favourite thing's about the multipart Plague Marines kit is the scrapyard of spare bits. In effect, it means that all you need to do is find a body and you can construct whole new Plague Marines. Putrid Blightkings are essentially a bit farm, so I had a few sprues lying about. I used a Blightking body as the basis. 


Now the truth is, I couldn't find the component that fits at the back of this body, so I trimmed down a spare bit of loin cloth from the Plague Marines kit and added it. Whilst we're looking at the back of him, there are spare backpacks on the sprue. I pinned and glued one of them on. 


I wanted his pose to evoke the old 'true grit' rule (wasn't that fun to interpret) so I attached a boltgun hand to his wrist. It id need pinning and a bit of trimming, but was surprisingly easy.


Similarly, attaching a plague knife hand to the other arm wasn't easy, but it wasn't exactly difficult either. The shoulder pads slotted in quite nicely. And that was that. A nicely rotten and horrible Plague Marine!




No comments: