Saturday 28 April 2018

Stynvor Blodfodt, the Priest of Slaughter

A couple of years back, Games Workshop realised the almost bewildering folly they'd committed by making White Dwarf a weekly magazine, and rebooted the monthly format. It was much better. The first issue contained a free miniature, the Khorne Slaughterpriest. An imposing model, usually costed at £13.50 from resellers or £18 with the GW premium for £4.99. I purchased it immediately!

Obviously, I wasn't going to use it for AoS, a system I don't play. But with a few quick changes and a sensible colour scheme, I imagined he could repurposed as a WFB character. Hi hulking stature was not an issue: I could easily have him as a freakishly big brute, concerned only with violence an slaughter. The character I had in mind was Fenris the Feared from Joe Abercrombie's First Law novels. Thus Stynvor Blodfodt was born.


First thing I did was fit him onto a square base. The morning-star type weapon looked a bit off to me, so I removed that and instead added the hapless Empire State Troop from the Ogre Kingdoms Stonehorn sprue. I forget where the head came from, but any suitably haggard head would do. I built his hair up with green stuff, and sawed a portion of his throat away. When painting the piece, I made sure to have arterial blood pouring from that removed section and correspondingly from Stynvor's blade, to signify a battlefield sacrifice.


I made the base very rocky with shale, green crystals and snow flock. I spattered some Blood for the Blood God to create blood in the snow. I envision this as the result of a disastrous Empire campaign into the far north which has led to the Empire's army being either destroyed or sent packing.


The above is a page draft from my Warhammer: Age of Rebuilding project. It needs tidying up and editing. Obviously only for narrative game use. 

I'm hoping to properly crack on with this project in the near future.

No comments: