Saturday 7 April 2018

More depraved denizens of the plague worlds

I like the morbid body horror of the Plague Planet and other Nurgle daemon worlds. There are some nice pieces about them in the Fantasy Flight Tome of Decay. Add to this the fact that I find Poxwalkers almost unfathomably difficult (I really don't know why) an I decided it was time for some more morbid plague world gribblers. I've made two new Pestigor, and two tribesmen. 


The Pestigor

There were really easy, especially as my love of Beastmen has led me to have - no joke - hundreds of spare Gors. With these two, I started using basic Gors. I switched a couple of the weapons out for Nurgle plague weapons, both to make them look more 40k-ish and more Nurgloid. 


Now, Gors have a somewhat Brau Strowman-esque musculature, which is fine, but I wanted to have more diseased look. I added some tumours/giant boils with green stuff. I created the various open wounds by drilling down a little and then expanding the hole with a craft knife held at a shallow angle.


Still, it was missing... something. After a while, I decided that I wanted them to have weird plates covering their eyes. This was a tad awkward - I had to carefully remove the eye-grill shapes from spare Marauder Horsemen horse heads. After a good bit of trimming, they fitted on relatively well. The one above worked better than the one below: the leader's horse head is far better.


The Tribesmen

As I've said before, I like the idea of plague tribesmen as Hollywood inbreds from the backwoods. I sawed two Empire Flagellant bodies in half, and mounted the bodies of a poxwalker and a Vampire Counts Crypt Ghoul respectively. 


I used arms from the Crypt Ghouls. On one of them, I chopped off the hand and replaced it with a cleaver hand from a Skaven Clanrat. 


The heads are faceplates from Putrid Blightkings. I imagine that they rarely remove them.


Not that difficult! Bt I do need to convert... quite a few more!

No comments: