Tuesday 27 February 2018

The gate of Hell

This is such a quick and easy little conversion. I originally made it to represent the Portalglyph, an item in earlier editions of 40k. Now it's an ominous floating gateway which I'm planning to use in scenarios (where presumably Inquisitorial agents have to take out the portal).



So, we start with the main body of the gateway. This is the platform from the Warhammer Fantasy 'Balewind Vortex' kit which you can get from Darksphere or similar outlets for £7.50.

The emerging daemon is a Plague Drone rider (I never use them because I think that the Rot Fies look way better without them). I sawed him off about halfway down and then glued him onto the front of the starburst. Then, both to gap fill and to give a sense of a liquid, viscous doorway into a blasphemous sea beyond the gate of man, I used tissue and green stuff to make the whole area look gribbly.


Next I added a random bell (I think it was from a Maggoth) just to emphasise the Nurgle feel. Lasty, I filed down two small flying stands and arranged them into a 'V' shape so that the spur of the star would slot down into it. This was a little tricky, but soon took.


And there we are! Inside an hour, a nice, scary little piece for scenarios, objectives or whatever else you want!

No comments: