Tuesday 13 February 2018

FLESHMOWEREN!!!

(to be shouted to the tune of Finntroll's classic 'Trollhammeren').

I really love the Foetid Bloat Drone mode, even if I can almost never stop myself from calling it a 'Blight Drone'. It's a charmingly absurd and has just the right degree of absurdity. GW wanted far too much money for it, but there's a nice workaround: you can get one for £22.50 from Darksphere or similar outlets, and the kit has enough spares that you can then put them onto Dark Imperium Drones, which are available much cheaper on Ebay.




One of the things I'd like to look at briefly is that the Drone is a perfect opportunity to work on nice, moody bases. The Drone itself has minimal contact with the base, and there's plenty of space around it. In this case, I used coils of model barbed wire and pools of goop. Other things I've used are crumbling jetties sticking out in rivers of filth, which can be easily made with matchsticks glued onto the base. 






No comments: