Sunday 17 February 2019

Unleash the hounds!

I think that Warhounds are probably my favourite models from the new Adeptus Titanicus. This might be because I once had one of the Forgeworld ones. It took months to construct, paint wouldn't take to it no matter how much it was scrubbed to the extent that I had to mix the basecoat with PVA. I was a GW staff member at the time, so I was at peak hobby-knowing stuff, before anyone tries to tell me I was doing it wrong. When it was down it was a pain to store and I worried about its fragility so much that I used it twice in a decade before selling it at cost. Like so much stuff to come out of Forgeworld, the poor materials used made it a big disappointment. So it's entirely possible that have two Warhounds that went together in an hour went to my head. I've finished one loyal one, and decided this week it was time to sort out my Nurgle ones.


There are a few things that the two have in common. The trees are from Eve of Battle Scenics, who you can find on Ebay. The pockmarks on them are as ever created with a small drill. The horns are from Plaguebearers, I think (can't quite recall). 


Laser/Inferno gun boy has a weird bony noble thingy growing out of its carapace and a censer hanging from its chassis. These are from Plague Marines. The fleshy grows are a spattering of texture paint. 


The manky flesh-growth on the right leg guard is a Spellcrow bit blended in with some texture paint, and around his inferno gun is a coil of model barbed wire, available from numerous Ebay sellers. The fleshy fronds on his left leg guard are Woodland Scenics foliage glued down firmly.


The smashed palisade on his base was created by cutting lolly sticks in half lengthways for thinner planking and then sticking these bits to a bit of MDF.


Mega-bolter/Plasma Blastgun boy has some bells hanging from his chassis. These are a spare from the Plague Marines kit. Up on his carapace is a weird fleshy chimney thing. That's a bit from Spellcrow. 


The river on his base is done in a similar way to those on the base of the Hanging Tree and the Hierophant, building up the banks with MDF to give the impression of depth. The slabby bridge is just a bit of MDF. 

Now, if I could just stop myself from overheating their reactors...

No comments: