Friday 25 June 2021

Iron Within, Iron Without

I feel a degree of sympathy for Perturabo. He strikes me as the guy who sticks his hand up in a meeting to point out the catastrophic flaw in management's latest scheme, gets shouted down, and is then expected to clean up the inevitable mess. 


I wasn't going to paint an Iron Warriors army. But I had loads of Chaos Marines knocking about. It struck me that the Iron Warriors colour scheme would be quite easy and satisfying.


I decided not to bother with black shoulder pads. On a test model, I found that they actually detracted.






Sometimes, it's good to just settle on a scheme that allows you to get a nice result quickly!













1 comment:

Muskie said...

Iron Warriors had a rule back in the day that gave them an extra heavy support choice, they could also take some Imperial stuff, they had a terrible reputation for years on the table, but I met a guy who did the same thing. He wanted to go to a Grand Tournament and use the latest 2003 codex so he did Iron Warriors, easier to speed paint.