Thursday 22 August 2019

Command of the finer points

Maybe it's because I'm a dedicated narrative player, but I have a bad habit of forgetting my Command Points or losing count of them. My group got around this by lining up a bunch of dice beside the board to represent them, but it wasn't very nice to look at. I decided I should make some counters to keep track of them.


I had a bunch of Necromunda bases knocking about. Maybe it's my age but I kind of feel like pre-textured bases aren't as much fun, so I'd based the models on normal bases so I could do my own texturing.


I had the idea of some sort of industrial or mechanical surface slowly being devoured by some creeping parasitic daemon fungus. First up, I glued trios of polypropylene spheres (small plastic balls) onto the bases to form the symbol of Nurgle. Once these were dry, I built up a little tumourous flesh with PVA and tissue. The groping vines/tentacles are Woodland Scenics Autumn Foliage glued down with great fury.


And there you have it! Quick, simple but fairly effective!

No comments: