Tuesday 1 May 2018

You can tell by the way I write my notes I'm a Tallyman


I haven't done anything to this model, but it's such a lovely model that I wanted to photograph it. I think what I like most about the sculpt is that it doesn't feel the need to present overt threat. This is an art which I genuinely thought GW had lost for a while, with such embarrassing efforts as the horribly overstated plastic Archaon model and the painful Stormcast Eternal range. It was a relief to see some restraint being exercised again.


There's also, I think, a lot to be said about allowing the natural peculiarity of Nurgle flow through here. There's something in equal parts jarring and amsing about seeing a Space Marine apparently engaged in busywork, like the harassed accountant of the Death Guard.


I do like how Nurglings have evolved into the Snotlings of this era: bizarre little capering figures engaged in absurdist tasks. The Nurgling on the Tallyman's base is a really nice touch.



Not much else to say, really. A really nice, solid model and a good addiition to any Death Guard army.

No comments: