Tuesday 3 July 2018

Aegyptor Astagath, Chapter Champion

I am the blade.

The purpose of the blade is to cut. The purpose of the cut is to destroy the enemy. I exist to destroy the Imperium's enemies. 
I have met the champions of other Chapters. Foolish, pampered creatures, fetishising concepts of honour and fairness in combat. What madness, to believe that a blade should possess arbitrary qualities and assigned virtues. These concepts are for mortal men, who are not designed but grow according to genetic whim. A mortal man may be anything, and so he must regulate himself with abstract concepts. 
Not so I.
Not so a Space Marine. 
I am the result of the Emperor's genetic genius. I am carved, sculpted, designed. I exist to destroy the Imperium's enemies. I will do so by any means necessary.
I am the blade. 







I'm struggling to remember, but I think that the trunk of this guy is actually a Chaos Marine with all the iconography filed off. The torso is from a Sternguard, the relic blade from a Vanguard and the shield from... an old school assault squad, I think.The Maximus helm is from Betrayal at Calth. I hung trophy skulls taken from random sprues on his belt, connecting them with jeweller's chain.

Not a very sophisticated conversion, but it works!

No comments: